Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Image that not going to be used



I figure that since this image is not going to be used for this pain of an author book I can share it with you. Usually we just send character samples but when a book doesn't have a character we create a style for the book.

I think this author is crazy and there are many reason why I think this. In this seen it talks about god creative animals birds and bees, mountains and ocean. Hint thats why I put them in there. But is her mind this does not capture "GOD AWESOMENESS"!!!!! When ever I ask question she always say doesn't capture god awesomeness what don't you like a about the mountain or the tree. She also thought it look too preschool which she whats to target them but not really she what to target adults and have photo's and buy them off the internet. We have a month to work on three book so yeah, photo realism doesn't work well for us. I think she lazy too because I asked her to send me a photo's of what she was thinking and she send me a link the google images then there all she did was type in God Awesomeness and give you different images to look at. There where people rooms some landscapes but not many and not really had anything to do with want was writing on that page and she want us to go throw them and pick out want we liked. I just thinking to my self how is this surpost to help me get a better understanding of what you are looking for. I could keep going on and on but I put a good amount of time on the image and will like to share it so the image doesn't go to waste.

2 comments:

Duncan Barton said...

How do you deal with a subject like that? She's got to site specific examples instead of making you shoot around in the dark like that. Hope it works out!

Katie Brooks said...

Well when I did asked her is a specific scene that she had in image to that she would like to see better. She sent me a google image search and told me to have my team go there it and pick out images that we liked. I told her no and that she need to narrow it down because sending me a google image search for god awesomeness and a lot of the photo's have nothing to do with landscape wasn't helpful. I told her she needs to be more specific. Which didn't work because she sent me a photo of a girl standing in front of a green back drop doing a gang hand signs. Which has nothing to do with anything. But one of the problems was with her is that we gave her a date to get her editing done and she said this is her final edit and will be send in the content approval form which she didn't do and was still making changes in her editing, another problem was that when ever I gave her freed back on way this will lot more interesting is or why this will work better she will tell me that she will have to think about it and I get off the phones with her and she will call her editor right after me to get his input and he would tell her to just lesson to me she knows what she is doing which she she didn't lesson to because she would still call him. After like 7 tries and her still being in editing my creative director talk to her and told her that we are moving her out of illustration because she not done with her editing. Which at this point I might get her back next month or she might be reassign to some one else. So I got a new book to work on wednesday like ten minute before we left for work. I like my new author so far much better.