Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Fallen




This is my first abstract painting of a Fallen. It was weird working on it because I've never done fine art work before. So my eyes is not used to it. But it looks better up close than the picture though, you can actually see what's really going on in it. If you look at the background, there's a mountain, the green to the right is trees, down from it is waterfall, a white horizontal is a bird, a long dark brownish going across under the bird is a bridge. Down further is a group of red flowers and a river under it. Can you see it? I hope the explaining helps a bit and how much would this piece cost? Any idea?


Acrylic on canvas 12x60

6 comments:

CRAiG-o said...

Good composition and movement. and i love the dramatic color. Great job

Katie Brooks said...

this is soo different from most thing that I see you doing it very intersting. Jeab the Fine Artist.

Bill Ferguson said...

Looks very cool. The colors are great.

Jeremy Schramm said...

Jeab, this is looking much better from when I saw it. I got alot of good work in after I left! I have no idea about cost though :( sorry.

Jason Williams said...

The thing about abstract art though is that often the subject matter is left up to the viewer to identify objects in, sort of like seeing things in clouds. It's all about interpretation; hopefully the viewer sees what you want them to see, but if they don't, then it adds something to the work, a new and different meaning. Psychology FTW.

I have to agree and disagree with Bill on this one (BTW Bill, awesome to see you're checking the blog and commenting, and thanks! :) ) as far as colors go. There are parts where the color seems rich and emotive, but there are sections of it (the very top is one) where the colors just seem muddy and dull and aren't adding anything to it. It's true that this is likely meant as a darker piece conceptually, but you can still use crisp, clean colors to get that across.

Jeab said...

It looks muddy in the picture, I can see that now that you mention it. But if you look on the real piece, it's actually not muddy. Pictures always messes up work! Thanks for all the comments. :)