Friday, August 15, 2008

For kicks and giggles.

Ok Well I be busy and have draw anything on my own in a really long time been mostly drawing for other people. But I want to start again. For kick and giggles I wrote a little story that I came up with one day while I was working. I get a lot of random ideas in my head and for once when I got house and after unpacking a little I wrote a story.

Called "Papa Herb’s Ice Cream Parlor." I going to illustrate it for fun!!!! Please let me know what you think.

Papa Herb’s ice cream parlor is a small quiet place with the kindest ice cream man there is.

One day a little boy came in with a coupon, which said, “get one free make your own ice Sunday.” The little boy handed Papa Herb the coupon and he said to the little boy ”well, well, well, aren’t you a lucky little boy.” You get to have what ever your little heart desires on your ice cream Sunday.

The little boy thought for a little bit and then told Papa Herb, “ I want the biggest ice cream Sunday you can make me!” Papa Herb started to laugh. He thought to himself how big could this Sunday really be? For kick and giggles Papa Herb got his biggest ice cream Sunday bowl he had.

“Are you ready to make your Sunday?” asked Papa Herd to the little boy. The little boy nodded his head and with a great big smile on his face he yelled, “ Yes, Sir!”

“Ok then let begin” said Papa Herb.

“I want Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla ice cream, also some Mint Chocolate Chip, Peppermint Stick, Rocky Road, Butter Pecan and Peanut Brittle. Some Peach, Blackberry, Moose Track and Sherbet ice cream,” the little boy said enthusiastically as Papa Herb ran around all over the ice cream parlor trying to keep up with the little boys demands.

I want hot fudge, hot caramel, butterscotch. Strawberry, and pineapple toppings as the boy toke a big breath before he continued. Sprinkles, snowcaps, gummy bears and gum drops, licorice and chocolate chips and also don’t forget whipped cream and five cherries if you please.

Papa Herb was tired exhausted from all of the running around but finally finished the biggest Sunday in town. The Sunday was so big that Papa Herb asked for help to carriy it to the table so the little boy could sit down.

Papa Herb went back to his counter as he watched the little boy to see if he could finish this creation. The little boy licked his lips and took a scoop full of ice cream from the very top, in which was his very first bit.

All of a the sudden some thing odd just happened the little boy got up from the table where he was sitting. Papa Herb was so confused. Did he forget an ice cream or a topping? He was so sure that is put five cherry on top what could it be?

As the little boy got to the counter Papa Herb started to panic.” Excuse me sir, Can I please have a box, I am stuffed?”

1 comment:

Jason Williams said...

That cheeky little monkey of a boy! Cute story Katie. :)

Just a couple things:

It's sundae in this usage, not sunday.

Would you have a problem naming the ice cream shop owner something other than Herb? It just conjures up images of cooking spices, which is especially... disconcerting when followed immediately by ice cream to form " papa herb's ice cream shop."

Looking forward to seeing some pictures for it. :)