Saturday, November 15, 2008

Me AGAIN!



Well now, this is crazy for me. Two posts in one week!...I gotta keep this up.
This cowpoke is currently making his home in my sketchbook. I'm happy to say that he is very content existing there but is hankering to get out and into some illustrations. Lately i've been thinking of making a children's book and the urge has been somthin fierce. I think Im going to be doing a cowboy related story...we'll see.

About this piece, I decided to try a different approach to my painting technique. I've been watching some tutorial videos on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB2DQhbszFI Matt Bush has some great stuff. I've learned quite a bit just in this piece alone. I just have to get my airbrush up and running again.

Well I gotta run now...and get an oil change and run some errands.

Hope all is going well with y'all
J

4 comments:

Katie Brooks said...

You been drawing a lot cowboys. I think it is great that you want to write a kids book. I think you will have to share is with us when it is all done.

Duncan Barton said...

Lookin' good josh- what media are you using on these? Looks like a few, nice effects!

Josh said...

Im actually doing a black and white drawing with ink first...making all the shadows BLACK and then on top of that doing light washes with acrylic...building up to some good colors...then to finish it off I am using some colored pencils, and some solid acrylic colors. It's a really fun technique, I'll try to do a stage by stage illustration this weekend and post it.

Jason Williams said...

I like this a lot; nice muted palette and cool subject matter. :) I kind of wish I cared about traditional media like you do...