Thursday, January 08, 2009

BD Cupcake

"Birthday Cupcake" 6 X 8, Oil on Board

Well actually Christmas cupcakes!!! Every Christmas we do Jello-Cake (DELICIOUS!) so this year we tried Jello-Cupcakes, they kind of worked, they tasted just as amazing but when we took them out of the pan there was a nice layer of jello!!

I decided I need to start painting hands, I'm not good at them, and you can tell by this one, at least you can tell its a hand now. At one point it looked like a weird blob attacking the cupcake! I need to put more color in the skin tones too.

NEXT PAINTiNG!!!

3 comments:

Katie Brooks said...

I like the contrats from the really dark background to the cupcake and the hand. it really pops on. I never had a jello cup cake before.

Duncan Barton said...

Jeremy- I like the cowgirl's expression... something to do with the way her bottom lip is jutting out... It's awesome! And hands are a good idea... I always have to force myself to draw them.

And what the hell is jello cake?

Jason Williams said...

Word, Jeremy. Best way to get better at something is to force yourself to work at it. It's good you can recognize what your "opportunities" are of your own accord. :)