Monday, January 19, 2009

sketchbook heads (UPDATED)


Alright J, I didn't feel these were strong enough to share... but here you go:
These are little watercolor experiments done in my sketchbook. The top row are just out of my head and the second row are from random internet reference. These aren't really drawn because I was impatient to mess around with color. I was never very comfortable with the medium and I'm slowly figuring out what I like/don't like, such as how to blend it, layer splotches for different color qualities, using line/ink, etc.

5 comments:

Jason Williams said...

Bitchin', D! I really love the feel of this, just such a fun handling of watercolor. What's the deal though, we don't get both of the sketchbook heads you posted on your own blog? ;P

Katie Brooks said...

I really like this d. He a fun and funny look to him. Nice work. Is there an other head like jason was talking about. Do you just not like us to post two head instead of one.

Duncan Barton said...

there ya go J. ;-)

Jason Williams said...

What are you talking about D, these are great! I'm glad you shared all of them. I especially like the white-dressed girl in the second row--everything about it just _feels_ nice. :)

Katie Brooks said...

I agree with Jason. You are crazy and have a hard time seeing the great work that you do. I think they all have a nice feel to them. I like the different colors in each one of the painting. Share with us all your work and we well let you know if it suck or if it in your head. I am sure it is mostly in your head.