Wednesday, September 05, 2007

My little girl!


Ah, my precious Sun-Yung. For maximum effect, look at this while listening to the opening theme "All The Way" from the anime "Kino's Journey," it's f*$&ing perfect (despite the fact the song is Japanese while Sun is half-Korean...)

I should perhaps explain a bit, for those not in the know. I created this character Sun-Yung Park back in sophomore year and have developed her and her family over the intervening years. It's been a long time since I've drawn Sun, and it's made me realize how much I miss the story! I'm going to have to revisit it and continue working on it. I do plan to actually finish this graphic novel...

Eventually.

3 comments:

Jason Williams said...

Also, before anyone else says it I know her arms are a bit too long. Cut me some slack, this was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing! Her proportions change all the time, I need to remake that turn sheet I did all those years ago so she'll matches my current mental image of her design.

Katie Brooks said...

that arms don't bug me. you could thats the style of the drawing I like the sketch.

Duncan Barton said...

i want to see more character studies- I remember reading a chunk of this a few years ago.