Saturday, January 26, 2008

Statement of Purpose

Been a while. So I've been doing some exercises lately that are meant to help one determine what they are meant to do with their life. After coming up with a singular statement that epitomized what my purpose is, I decided to use it as a subject for a design exercise. I wanted to see what I could do using a single font (in this case it's Avenir) and see how interesting I could make it with very few graphic flourishes. So this is what I did.


It's OK, pretty basic in my opinion, but there was no scheme I was working with, just figuring it out as I went. I'll be doing some graphic design proper soon though; I intend to buy a couple magazines and take a shot at doing some sample page redesigns.

2 comments:

Duncan Barton said...

Jason! I forgot about the blog but I'm back to say I'm glad you're experimenting with type and it would be cool to see you expand this and try some more stuff!

Jeremy Schramm said...

JASOOOOOOON!!!

I like your purpose, and its been rendered in a fun way. I think this is a classy one, maybe try a fun one as well, get both sides of you.