Monday, November 27, 2006

worn-out faces


I was just sitting around and listening to Gary Jules' rendition of "Mad World" and among the very first lines are the words "worn-out places, worn-out faces... going nowhere, going nowhere."

I sat with the song on repeat, pondering a meaning to it and trying to connect an image (any image!) to it in my head. I tried to approach it unstylized, pretending there was a model in front of me I was actually drawing from. I don't suppose that I was entirely successful in that approach, but I'd say it was a good experience.

FIRST BLOGGER POST EVAR

4 comments:

Duncan Barton said...

I see it man, looks good!

Jeremy Schramm said...

wow Jason, you got that description down to the T, or rather down to "worn-out face" really nice. So did you not have anything you were looking at? I always admired that about your stuff, you could just pull amazingness out of your head and put it to paper. Keep it up!

| andrus | said...

I'll have to try this style of sketching. Letting the music set the mood and such. Keep it going.

The Zoo Keepers said...

georgeous!