Saturday, September 06, 2008

DOOM!

I had a dream back in like, April, that actually formed a cohesive story and was chock full of things that I adore. I got super-excited and wanted to do all this cool stuff with it, but it fizzled. That happens with a lot of my personal projects, like the story of the little girl (most of you probably know about that one). I guess it's hard to do work when I'm the only person I need to appease? Anyway, here's the only drawing I've gotten out of it so far: the castle where pretty much everything occurs.


And the post is labeled DOOM because we're going off the grid over here. Moving to a new apartment (mailing address is the same since it's a box) and we have to get the internet turned off here and turned on there. The internet is going in Joachim's name, so for anyone who knows him they shouldn't be surprised to hear it's already turning out to be a huge cluster****. Who knows how long we won't have internet, so if you got something to say, call me!

5 comments:

Duncan Barton said...

dude that castle rocks! Oh, and if joachim needs help busting heads give him my number.

Jeremy Schramm said...

Ok. One, I'll totally freakin move in there.
Two, I need to come out and visit the 3001 party!!
Three, I love the detail in this castle drawing, with the wagon carrying a load of hay or something!!
Four, whos idea was it for Joachim to be in charge of that? We all Know his luck when it comes to dealing with computer and internet people.

I'll give ya a call!!

Katie Brooks said...

Are you going to color the drawing in? It sweet and I love all the dealt that you put in to it. Good luck with the internet problem.

CRAiG-o said...

Love the stone road in the foreground! don't neglect that powerful elemtent. besides everything looking pretty specatular, construction, achetecture, little town, i love the mountains too

Jason Williams said...

Thanks everybody! There was a lot of attention to tiny details (for example there's a tiny clothes line in someone's backyard in the town), so it's kind of a pity that you all can't see a bigger version, but I also prefer to keep blog images small.

I've been planning on doing a color version, though it hasn't happened yet, and who knows if it ever WILL. I started working on a drawing for another town in the story as well, though I wasn't all that happy with it so I'll probably redo it.