Saturday, December 30, 2006

Pirates



darn I didn't bet jeremy on posting. foy I blame my cat she keep sitting on my sketch book when I trying to finish my drawing. She did move after a while of me poking at her but then an half hour later or so she was back trying to sit on my sketch book.
Well any how this is for the theme of the week, pirates so here is a sketch that I been working on for it. I been also working on an other drawing Which I hoping to be done with that one tomorrow then I'll post that. The one that I am posting now I might end up putting it to color depeneding on my mood. I been trying to get to many things done at once so things have been getting done slowy.

5 comments:

Jason Williams said...

Nice character to them Katie! Varied shapes with interesting features; I'm rather partial to the noses. :) Just a couple thoughts/suggestions.

The one pirate on the ground, you might want to make his peg leg more like a dowel or rod, and less tapered like a rod cone. Get what I'm saying? It's so pointy I imagine it'd be damn near impossible to walk around (which could explain why he's on the ground ;) ).

I'd love to see the stone wall behind them in some perspective. I certainly don't want you to actually change it on this drawing, but just keep it in mind in the future. Perspective usually results in more diagonals, and for some reason those diagonals are so much help in creating dynamic, appealing images. Don't be afraid of perspective, make it your bitch!

Katie Brooks said...

Yeah to be honest I was just doodling drawing the pirate that on the ground. Then I was like he need a friends then comes one standing up. I just need to think about what to do with it.

Duncan Barton said...

they look fun, but what are they looking at?????

Katie Brooks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie Brooks said...

They are looking at a wench. I guess it would help if I drow her in there woun't it.