Friday, December 22, 2006


So heres the performance painting I did. I had about half an hour and the canvas is 29x36? I dont remember I'm just making things up now. So yea, I painted while the Christmas Service went on, then at the end we had spot lights on it. The room lights were off everyone at this point had a candle and boom, spot lights on Marry and baby Jesus!

I started out painting really quick thinking I wouldnt have enough time but then after I had painted all the green background I slowed down alot. Then as my time ended I was like "crap not enough time, paint faster, faster faster faster!".

Also I started with the green back ground and tried to paint the parts in a way that only half way through did anyone really know what I was painting.

3 comments:

Katie Brooks said...

A Half Hour isn't that long at all. But you got a lot done in a short time even though you feel rushed at the end.

Jason Williams said...

Lack of time can be the best motivator.

Or at least a really good one.

So you intentionally left the audience in the dark about what you were painting? Interesting approach, though honestly whenever I watch anyone paint (Bob Ross comes to mind) I can never tell what they are doing until it's halfway done anyways. >_>

I like the broken, cell-like nature of it, I just wish the facial features had more contrast! Strange thing to ask of Jeremy, but it's true.

Jeremy Schramm said...

Dont worry, I wanted more contrast, but I didnt have enough time to mix it after I saw how light it went on. Also it was hard to start mixing paints after the the program started due to the poor lighting, I didnt want her to look like a burn victim... which most of my paintings go through that stage.